LIMS the ERP
The term "ERP", or Enterprise Resource Planning system, is used to describe a total management system for a business. For the laboratory, LabLynx is your ERP – and your total support network.
In typically unique fashion, LabLynx stands out from standard LIMS vendors in offering a vast suite of business apps bundled with every LabLynx LIMS solution, comprising a comprehensive, ERP-level breadth of functions and features to address every aspect of lab management and data handling. Our firm belief is that your LIMS solution should be the complete answer to every one of your data management needs, from managing samples to designing a webpage and everything in between. And we also believe you should have it hosted for you and all at no extra costs - convenient, efficient, effective and full value at the lowest cost. You can see more about us and what makes LabLynx different at LabLynx.com: About Us.
The LabLynx LIMS itself is at the core of your LabLynx LIMS solution. In and of itself, it is very much an ERP for your lab, offering world-class functionality and proven reliability. But more than that, it comes pre-tuned to your specific type of lab. That's because it was designed with immense user-configurability built in. It can be tailored to fit your exact terminologies, workflows and needs, no matter what type of lab you have. Each solution is already configured for your specific industry (see Industry Solutions), and then you can still tweak it any way you want during setup and training, so you have the prefect LIMS for you! Often the problem with having a perfect LIMS, though, is that as your needs change and time moves on, it becomes less "perfect". Again, the LabLynx LIMS avoids that pitfall, because you can make any changes you need to, quickly and easily, with hardly ever any need to contact us for help. That means your LIMS STAYS perfect for a long, long time - and YOU get maximum ROI (Return on Investment).
Adding even more ERP-level value to the high configurability and secure, reliable browser-based access, LabLynx LIMS Features and Functions include:
- Sample/specimen-based, project-based, case-based or order-based receiving/accession
- Assignable sets of characteristics, including tests with custom limits/ranges or specifications, pricing and more
- Configurable screens/forms, fields, picklists and more
- Configurable, role-based security
- Add, modify parameters, tests, panels
- Automatic versioning of tests and documents
- Upload and associate files with tests, samples, projects/orders, instruments, inventory items and more
- Configurable process steps and their sequences, required workflows
- Chain of Custody
- Control Charting
- Auto-scheduled events, sample generation
- Training & Certification Management
- Instrument Maintenance & Calibration Management
- User & Profile Management
- Inventory Management
- Client Portal for submitting test requests and/or viewing reports
- Storage tracking
- Included Report Builder
- Integrate with instruments, applications, databases
- Manual/auto alerts, email notifications
- Pan-industry regulatory compliance (21 CFR part 11, ISO 17025, ASCLD, CAP, HIPAA, CLIA, GLP/GALP and more)
- Audit Trail
- sciCloud.net application suite included
- Editions for every type of lab, with even more functions and features
The LabLynx LIMS is web browser-based, and most of our customers prefer to leave the hosting and maintenance to us. However, if you need to host it on your own servers for any reason, that is also an option. Either way, there's no need to update individual workstations any time there are any changes, updates or upgrades. Users simply open a browser, go to the site (whether internal or in our LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure) and log in. You can have multiple lab locations using a single instance of your LIMS, and users can have different secure access profiles for each.
Learn more about the LabLynx LIMS for your lab at LabLynx LIMS.edition of the LabLynx LIMS Solution for your lab.
SciCloud.net® is offered to all members of the LabLynx Community Network as well. It includes literally tens of thousands of applications and plug-ins/add-ons, with support communities within the larger community. In fact, anyone can contribute their skills and/or build apps or add-ons to offer within the community.
For more information on SciCloud.net® and its apps, see SciCloud.net®.