Control charts (Levey-Jennings) - HCP
Control Charts Overview
This is an Administrative function rather than a standard lab operation. Only users with Lab Manager profile have this on their menu and may access it.
HealthCloudPOL enables you to produce control charts from laboratory data. The system provides the laboratory with the ability to perform statistical calculations and charting of testing/quality control data using queries and limit updates. You can produce control charts from:
- Calculation Inputs
- Limit Sets
To View Laboratory Data
The Control Charts Main List screen displays Control Chart information currently defined in the system. When you access this screen, the system prompts you to filter the Control Charts using the Control Chart Main Filter window.
You can click OK in the filter to bring back all records ("Cancel" brings back zero records). Or you can enter any filter criteria into the fields of the "Filter By" and/or "Order By" areas to filter the results, then click OK .
The system displays the results in the Control Charts Main List screen.
To View Control Chart Sample Data
On the Control Chart Main List screen, click a Specimen. The system displays the sample details on a new screen.
Click the Forward button to view the next sample, or click Done.
To Export Control Chart Data to Excel
To Calculate Statistics
Click Calculate. The system displays the statistical data in the fields above the Control Chart Main List.
To Display Quality Control Limits
Click QC Limits. The system displays the QC Limits screen for the selected sample data.
To Modify Calculation Inputs and Limits
On the QC Limits screen, complete the Calculation Inputs fields, as necessary.
- MIN - Type the minimum calculation input.
- MAX - Type the maximum calculation input.
- SUM - Type the data sum calculation input.
- COUNT - Type the sample count calculation input.
- MEAN - Type the data mean calculation input.
- STD - Type the standard deviation calculation input.
On the QC Limits screen, complete the Limits fields, as necessary.
- Lower Limit - Type the Lower Limit.
- Lower Warning Limit - Type the Lower Warning Limit.
- Upper Limit - Type the Upper Limit.
- Upper Warning Limit - Type the Upper Warning Limit.
Click Update QC Limits. The system displays the data with the changes that were made.
To Add or Edit a Limit Set
In the Limit Set area on the QC Limits screen, select either the new Limit Type or an existing Limit Type.
Complete the fields of the Limit Set area.
- Limit Type - Select a limit type from the drop-down list.
- Operator - Select a mathematical operator from the drop-down list.
- Limit Value - Type the limit value.
- Formula - Click the link to build a formula using the Add/Edit Limit Formula web page dialog.
- C (Chart Limit) - Select the checkbox to include the limit in the chart output.
To Graph Control Charts Data
In the Limits area on the QC Limits screen, click Graph. The system displays the graph of the selected data.
The Control Chart graph of selected sample results is displayed: