From LabLynx Wiki
- an increasing integration of devices (IOT - the Internet Of Things), systems, apps and databases;
- the automation of processes to improve speed and accuracy and reduce complexity; and
- the desire for more analytics in order to better monitor performance and increase competitiveness.
- Shirts, B.H.; Jackson, B.R.; Baird, G.S. et al. (2015). "Clinical laboratory analytics: Challenges and promise for an emerging discipline". Journal of Pathology Informatics 6: 9. doi:10.4103/2153-3539.151919. PMC PMC4355825. PMID 25774320. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=PMC4355825.
- Gwynne, P.; Heebner, G. (18 January 2002). "Laboratory Technology Trends: Lab Automation and Robotics". Science. American Association for the Advancement of Science. http://www.sciencemag.org/site/products/robotfinal.xhtml. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "What is an API? Your guide to the internet business (r)evolution" (PDF). 3scale. June 2012. pp. 11. https://www.3scale.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/What-is-an-API-1.0.pdf. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Enterprise application integration". Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_application_integration. Retrieved 19 September 2016.