|Founded||July 24, 2000|
|Founder(s)||John H. Jones|
2400 Lake Park Drive|
Smyrna, Georgia 30080, U.S.
LabLynx, Inc. is a privately owned, funded, and managed American corporation that develops, supports, and markets laboratory information management system (LIMS) and laboratory information system (LIS) and related solutions. Its most well-known products include webLIMS, a modern web browser-based LIMS developed around the initial core ELab LIMS, which is offered in a scalable, hosted "software as a service" (SaaS) delivery model or self-hosted, and with the added availability of selected applications to make up tailored suites providing further functionality.
The company’s primary clients include laboratories in the agriculture, clinical, environmental, forensic, healthcare and manufacturing industries, including government agencies. The company is known for introducing one of the first web browser-based LIMS products in 1997 (ELab) and being a long-term player in the laboratory informatics market. LabLynx employs around 20 core staff, with many more derived from a professional, specifically skilled and experienced pool.
Value is defined by the ideal relationship between quality, functionality and service delivered at the best price. This optimum relationship is determined by the marketplace and is not static. As such, LabLynx must continuously innovate and adapt to the marketplace needs while maintaining its mission.
Our company is defined by the "Six Ps", through which we believe we can deliver the best value in our solutions:
- ▪ Principles: A company's integrity and business practices are a direct function of its principles. These are what drive us.
- ▪ People: Our people ARE our company, from our first conversation with you through our long-term support services you rely on to guarantee continued performance. In fact, you — and the entire laboratory, scientific and healthcare community — are the foundation of LabLynx as well as being potential and existing customers. The sciCloud.net® community contributes to everything we do, as it benefits from a vast range of free resources.
- ▪ Platform: The technology we use is an important aspect of delivering the quality and features you expect.
- ▪ Products: Our products are where words are validated by performance.
- ▪ Past Performance: A track record of excellence is a good predictor of the high-quality products and service you will get.
- ▪ Planned Future: See the exciting directions we are charting as we continue to forge ahead!
But an even bigger difference between us and your standard LIMS vendor is that we aren't a standard LIMS vendor. That is, yes, we have a host of LIMS solutions for every type of lab, and we offer them by subscription or purchase. But our scope goes far beyond those traditional vendor bounds. Our vision is of a thriving, dynamic laboratory community, communicating with each other, with all of the information, tools and services they need conveniently available. And that means choices, selections and reasonable, fair pricing. Our vision has room for all vendors, products and services, with free resources, news, events, apps and more. That's why we take a leadership role in maintaining the Laboratory Informatics Institute, established in 2006 as an advocacy and standards body for the laboratory, science and healthcare informatics industry. It's all part of the LabLynx Community Network, which brings all of the benefits of collaboration and communication to professionals in the industry.
The Right Fit - Whether It's Us or Somebody Else.
An Open Business ModelLabLynx Community Network with freely available jobs posting and search, marketplace, book publishing and more; online posted pricing and sciCloud.net® suite of open source apps all mean we are an open book - working together with you and the rest of the laboratory, scientific and healthcare community to meet the needs we all share. Open source apps (along with standard, professional apps), open access information and communication, open business model with cooperation on various projects and common goals: it all means the best selection, with honest quality, service and value for you.
Since transitioning from Atlanta Systems Consultants, Inc. to LabLynx, Inc. in 2000, LabLynx has become increasingly active in the laboratory informatics community. Projects that LabLynx has started or been involved in within the community include:
- the Laboratory Informatics Institute, an open trade association with the mission of educating, standardizing, and promoting the laboratory, scientific and healthcare informatics industry
- LIMSfinder, an online interactive magazine released by the Laboratory Informatics Institute, that aims to be "the best resource for information technology in the laboratory"
- LIMS Buyer's Guide (formerly LIMSbook), a LIMS buyer’s guide released by the Laboratory Informatics Institute
- LIMSforum, both a LinkedIn discussion group created to facilitate the exchange of ideas and technical information across the fields of laboratory, science, and health informatics and a web portal designed with the same goals in mind. LIMSforum serves as the hub for the laboratory, scientific and health community network, providing access to LabCareers, LabCourses, sciCloud.net®, LIMSbook and other community resources.
- LIMSuniversity, an open-access learning resource released by the Laboratory Informatics Institute, targeted towards laboratories and the LIMS community
- LIMSwiki, a Creative Commons-licensed wiki with the goal of bringing related informatics communities together to maintain a repository of information about the industry
For example, webLIMS is an ERP-level, state-of-the-art LIMS that's also highly user-configurable, so it lasts a lifetime of decades, giving maximum value for your money. And our support and continuing services ensure you are always taken care of, because a happy customer is a long-term customer - and a reference for us with others. When former and present customers talk about LabLynx to others, we want it to be in a favorable light. That's why we share the many testimonies from our long list of satisfied clients right on our website! Rest assured - when you select LabLynx you have chosen the greatest value available:top quality and full features at the lowest price.
Typically, the first person you talk to just get get initial information is a LIMS Engineer (not a "salesperson"). And what you will get is...information. Not a sales pitch. Imagine that! That also has added benefit for you, because that person is also one of the ones who will manage the actual implementation, setup and training for you, so there is NO disconnect between what you are promised and what you end up with. If he says something can/will be configured in a particular way, you can be sure it will, and at the price you were quoted. And we don't change horses halfway through. Your contact will be with you throughout the process, and on into your ongoing support and maintenance. Our Help Desk is online and available 24/7, and any urgent or emergency items alert all support personnel - including LabLynx President John Jones. So you can count on us responding immediately - whether that means simply assigning the work and scheduling it, or rushing to the data center at 2 am. We take our responsibility to you seriously, because we know that no business can succeed in the long term unless it prioritizes its customers.
Our Informatics Platform
Technology Tailored for YousciCloud.net® Informatics Platform, designed, built and maintained specifically for laboratories of all kinds, from single-user to global corporate networks, with special attention to small and medium-sized labs who have traditionally been priced out of the LIMS/LIS/LES market. Your tailored solution is packaged according to your industry, specific workflows and needs, size, and budget, using the right combination of apps in our application library to perfectly suit you. As shown here, our informatics platform is comprised of five tiers - with your lab's specific tailored configurations and app suite sitting proudly atop the supporting layers. Uniquely, the foundation of the entire platform is the entire laboratory, scientific, healthcare and informatics Community. The entire platform is collectively known as sciCloud.net®, comprising essentially a community-based digital business ecosystem (CDBE).
You, and others like you, are both the foundation and recipient of all of the technology that makes up the middle portions of the pyramid. The overall community is inextricably integral to the CDBE, contributing from start to finish in the entire development lifecycle of products, and offering services throughout.
Each layer is described in the sections on this page.
Any laboratory data management solution is a function of several things, and they all have to be of high quality and performance, and fit your specific needs. A solution is a function of:
LabLynx Informatics Platform are solutions for every kind of laboratory, and on top of that, WebLIMS is very user-configurable by design, so that you can "have it your way" - without costly additional development.
- Technology - Both the foundational technology and IT environment, and the technology of the applications are huge determiners of the performance, reliability and longevity of any solution.
- Flexibility/Configurability - The best technologies are easy to work with and allow for a lot of flexibility and scalability - preferably from the user side too. In general, the more flexible, the greater the longevity. Labs grow and change. Your data management solution needs to be able to keep up. And that means plenty of available support as well.
- Compatibility - A lab is a smoothly orchestrated set of apps and processes all working together, from testing workflow process steps to successful data transfer of data between instruments, systems and reports. Good solutions readily play well with others to support this.
- Functionality - A solution is pointless unless it has ALL of the capabilities you need it to have. Today's LIMS for instance, like the LabLynx, Inc. webLIMS, is designed to be essentially an ERP system for the laboratory.
You're In Charge
Those drop-down picklists you need for various tasks? YOU pick the choices that are listed - and it only takes your supervisor or administrator seconds to update them. Your sample receiving screen, instrument management screen, inventory screen and more are set up with just the fields you want displayed, and you choose what to make mandatory. Set up your tests the way you need them, with the limits/ranges/specifications you want, including calculations and more. Make new versions any time you want.
And what's more, every user can have their own set of access privileges - and if you have more than one department or location, users can have differing access levels for each. And that applies right down to which buttons display. For "read-only" users, hide the Save, New, Delete buttons, etc. so they can't make changes. And supervisors or administrators have all the administrative capabilities they need to manage the system and its users, any time, from anywhere.
Your BudgetsciCloud.net® apps, along with the world-class LabLynx webLIMS, and include the concurrent-user subscription-based Premium Edition or the concurrent-user purchased perpetual license Enterprise Edition. No matter what kind of lab you are, how big or small or how you prefer to license or host it, there is a plan that's right for you!
No matter what kind of lab you have, from water/wastewater to nextgen sequencing and everything in between, there is a LabLynx solution for you. And our staff, most of them lab people like you, have the experience and skills that span the entire gamut, so we understand your needs and speak your language.
Here are some of the industries we serve:
- Cannabis Testing
- Chemical, Petrochemical, Biofuels Processing
- Clinical Diagnostics/Reference
- Clinical Trials / CRO
- Contract Testing Services
- Food & Beverage
- Forensics & Medical Examiner
- Materials Testing, Used Oil Analysis
- Mining, Minerals & Oil Exploration
- Molecular Diagnostics (MolDx)
- Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals, Cosmetics
...and most importantly - YOUR Lab!
At the end of the day, it's the apps you are interested in. These are the part of the overall informatics platform that you actually work with to perform the functions you need. The applications themselves constitute the Software as a Service (SaaS) layer of the LabLynx Informatics Platform. You may already be familiar with that term, as "SaaS" rivals "Cloud" as the buzzword of recent years in technology circles, even coming into general non-technical usage.
Our SaaS offerings are many and growing daily. No matter which solution edition you select (see the Industry Solutions and Editions & Pricing areas of the LabLynx website), you get a great range of features and functionality you can use in your laboratory. From LIMS/LIS to ELN, SDMS and EHR to CRM, CMS, inventory management, project management, BI, ERP, LMS, KMS and more, it's all at your fingertips.SciCloud.net® provides are included, making the entire informatics platform dynamic and alive, providing the SciCloud.net® Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer of our informatics platform. These include the LabLynx LIMStudio, which includes our Report Builder and LIMS development tool. Standard, well-known development languages are used, with nothing proprietary, so you never get locked into any particular version with no way out. WebLIMS itself is highly user-configurable anyway, with LIMStudio providing even more flexibility - and thus unmatched scalability, longevity and therefore value/ROI.
Many SciCloud.net® apps are designed as modules to work on the Odoo platform, and are thus Python-based, with a large and thriving community of open source development resources. Other apps, plugins and add-ons are open source or written in standard languages.LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). It has been designed and built from the ground up using only the finest hardware and software components, using best practices and ensuring comprehensive redundancy, failover, data backup and protection and SSL security and encryption.
The LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure is housed in a state-of-the-art data center, certified to the highest SSAE 16 SOC 2 standards, so that together, our cloud-hosting infrastructure and premises offer you a 100% uptime guarantee. Database backups are taken hourly, and entire backups are done daily and stored in a geographically distant second data center. In short, no one offers better reliability and data security and protection than LabLynx. Many of our customers require HIPAA, CLIA, 21 CFR part 11, ISO or other regulatory compliance, and the LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure IaaS cloud platform delivers that and more.sciCloud.net® community network, a vast interconnection of laboratory, informatics, medical and scientific professionals and related members who access and share information, news and events, apps, resources and more, and provide services and products to each other. It is very much the complete ecosystem for the industry, the place that's custom-tailored to our community's unique needs.
SciCloud.net®'s hub, where you can go to access all of its information and resources or just hang around and discuss topics of interest, is at http://scicloud.net. SciCloud.net® is comprised of tens of thousands of members, growing daily. The network is a vibrant, dynamic community where members are helping members through information sharing and other activities. Participation helps everyone, because we all recognize that an industry and marketplace that maximize individual skills and opportunities ultimately serves individuals who operate in that community, and advances the industry as a whole.
- Public Databases
- Career resources and even free apps - all tailored specifically for the laboratory, informatics, science and healthcare community.
But even more than these, your sciCloud.net® community network includes support and service personnel, for all the free apps and the others. Basically, there is nothing you might want or need that has to do with your lab or project - or career - that you won't find. It's free, and it's easy. Just log in with your LinkedIn login (it only takes a few minutes to make one of those if you don't already have one) and make use of all of the benefits immediately!
Our Business Platform
We believe in the technology we provide our customers. The tech we use in delivering our solutions is the same tech we use to run our company. Specifically, as is our philosophy of openness, we embrace open source apps like Redmine, Odoo, SuiteCRM and others to perform various business functions, just as we help our customers to do. With every LabLynx informatics solution package you get a sciCloud.net® account with tons of apps for every possible aspect of your lab, project or business.
Our business platform includes that technology for all our departments, including:
- Project Management
What could give you more faith in a company's technology and products than to know they use them themselves?
ProductsWebLIMS/ELab is a laboratory information management system (LIMS)/LIS/LES and collection of associated modules developed to help professionals in the scientific community manage data coming into and leaving the laboratory. The original LabLynx LIMS became known as ELab shortly before LabLynx fully separated from Atlanta Systems Consultants, Inc. in 2001.
Over 30 different modules and functions are included with webLIMS, and both subscriptions and licenses for the software are available with LabLynx cloud hosting services included for most editions (self-hosting is also available). WebLIMS currently serves in many validated environments, including 21 CFR Part 11, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and ISO/IEC 17025, in compliance with such standards as HIPAA, HL7, STORENET, FDA- and EPA-regulated good laboratory practice (GLP), and more.is a hosted software as a service (SaaS) version of the ELab LIMS. LabLynx introduced the offering in March 2009, touting 35 different laboratory informatics and business applications in the hosted package. As with most SaaS software, LabLynx intends to reduce cost to laboratories, decrease the amount of downtime, and provide a more scalable LIMS solution with its webLIMS service.
Protect Your Datadata center. To prevent downtime due to power outages, it has:
- parallel independent supply lines and facility circuits
- instant battery backup and transition to multiple parallel diesel turbine generators
- hardware powered by two separate feeds and a Tripp Lite instant power distribution switch to the alternative feed
Redundancies and failovers are integral with ongoing hourly backups. Additionally, client data are backed up by a second, geographically distant data center, giving you the best data storage and protection possible.
Have It All
Whether you host it yourself or leave the hosting to LabLynx, in webLIMS you get the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art LIMS money can buy (or rent), at a price you can afford.
But it doesn't stop there. WebLIMS is a dynamic, organic system that grows and changes with you, giving you maximum ROI (Return On Investment) through effective performance over a longer lifetime than most. You don't need to pay for expensive development work every time you want a new report, changes to a screen, new tests or revisions of existing ones, new processes and workflows, etc. It's all user-configurable, and we'll give you full training and support to help you be self-sufficient. And its super-configurability means it is the perfect solution for your lab, no matter what types of testing you do.
WebLIMS is a complete solution in itself, with tailored editions for each type of lab. But you also get, with every webLIMS subscription or purchase, a selection of apps from our sciCloud.net® suite, helping you to manage all aspects of your lab's data management needs, from CRM to website building and management, metrics visualization, eCommerce, project management and much more.LIMSforum Laboratory Informatics Institute community, a selection of free and premium applications, hosted reliably in its own dedicated, secure LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure, and comprised of the layers described in Platform, above, known as sciCloud.net®. It is a collection of tens of thousands of open source apps and add-ons, available globally and cloud-hosted by LabLynx in its state-of-the-art LabLynx Cloud Infrastructure.
The sciCloud.net® suite of applications includes an assortment of various general office/business and productivity apps along with those designed specifically for the laboratory, scientific and/or healthcare industries. For the affordable price of free you can have an extensive collection of useful apps that will immediately make your work easier, reduce transcription errors and free you from paper-based data management. All LabLynx webLIMS customers automatically receive a sciCloud.net® account as well, providing a complete information management solution for all aspects of their laboratory.LabLynx LIMS and many of the other apps in the LabLynx and sciCloud.net® libraries readily share files with instruments and other systems, there are also situations where the integration required is more complex. For those we have LabVia, LabLynx's exclusive middleware and hub hardware/software product, available through sciCloud.net® to manage your connections and data sharing.
LabVia intelligently manages multiple data communications between all kinds of devices, services, systems or other sources.
Use LabVia to connect with:
- SDMS, MES, PLM, DMS, EHR/EMRs, PMS or other Systems/Software or Databases
- LIMS or other Laboratory Information Systems
- Field Devices, Mobile, Hand-held etc.
- POC Devices
- Billing Services
- Regulatory/Reporting Agencies
- Reference or Contract Labs
LabVia is available as an option with all sciCloud.net® and LabLynx solutions.
The onsite part of the LabVia solution is the LabVia Hub. It is a hardware/software product that provides a central nexus point for all of the integrated nodes (instruments/devices, software applications etc.), intelligently managing their data. Full instructions on installation and setup are provided, and a LabLynx professional will guide you through the process. Or, if you prefer, we can come onsite and install it for you, ensuring all interfaced data points communicate properly. Many systems need only be able to provide files that your sciCloud.net® Solution can access to process and report, and/or be able to receive sample information from the LIMS. If serial connections are required, then a LabVia channel is utilized, and your hub will link up with the cloud-based software portion of LabVia to ensure perfect data routing and management.
The cloud portion of LabVia is hosted for you in our Cloud Platform (IaaS), keeping your integrations securely managed in real time. And any time you need more integrations (e.g. you buy new instruments that you'd like to interface with your system), we can add a new channel for you that is configured to transfer the data you want, in the ways you want them.
You can forget about the details and concentrate on your own work, secure in the knowledge that your interfaces will continue functioning perfectly for as long as you have them. All maintenance, support and warranty is included in your annual agreement.
If you'd like more information about LabVia or you have questions about integration of your devices, services and/or applications, contact sciCloud.net® Support, search the Marketplace for qualified services or contact LabLynx at LabLynx Contact Us, or give us a call at 770.859.1992 or toll-free at 800.585.5969.
The LabLynx Roadmapmission and principles, but also how those have shaped our actions and directions in the past and in our plans for the future. Integrity is doing what you say you do. And LabLynx has a track record of doing just that, with its core principles guiding both past accomplishments and our planned future.
To get an idea of what you can expect from a company, take a look at its history. We are proud of our track record of excellence. LabLynx can trace its roots all the way back to 1996 and even before. Remarkably, the vision has always been basically the same: to leverage technology — and in particular the internet — to best provide comprehensive, affordable laboratory data management solutions for every type of lab. We introduced the world's first true web browser-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) and haven't looked back! Read more about our past HERE.
A number of things can affect the directions businesses take in any industry, including economic conditions, technology, changing market needs, commoditization, government regulations, political and social climates, etc. There are a number of recent and current trends and developments that are driving change in our industry, and LabLynx, Inc. recognizes their importance. Take a look at some of the ones we identify as significant, and how we are addressing them, in the chapter/article "Driving Forces of Change."
The idea of diversity is crucial to the LabLynx, Inc. philosophy, and in a couple of different ways. First, it is essential to understand the diversity of needs of our customers. We serve all kinds of labs and scientific and/or healthcare organizations. There is a great range of requirements across these verticals, from HIPAA to ISO 17025, microbiology to next-generation sequencing, image-based results to numerical and more. The key to providing the right products and services lies in listening to the community's diverse needs and preferences.sciCloud.net®, through open discussions, open source apps, plugins and add-ons, consulting services, collaborative projects, publishing research, sharing events and much more. The pooling of our activities and resources strengthens the community as a whole and advances both individual and collective efforts. Technology gets better more quickly, and labs and individuals connect with the best goods and services, people, and supplies for their particular needs — everybody wins. Learn more about diversity as a force for change HERE.
Find out how LabLynx is embracing the new movement and even helping drive it!
The management of information is really the business we are all in, whether it's doing research, lab analysis, teaching/training or any other activity, and they ways we do it are always changing. See the latest industry forces in this area, how LabLynx is involved and what it all means for you.the laboratory, scientific and healthcare community, LabLynx, and you specifically is discussed in this section about this driving force of change. planned future, is an important part of understanding who we are and how we are working together with you and the entire laboratory, scientific and healthcare community to improve things for all involved. Based on our mission, principles and the driving forces of change, our planned future is firmly community-based and embraces the best approaches to securing increased benefits at the lowest costs and overall advancement for all members of the community. driving forces of change have prompted business decisions based on the understanding of their importance and the opportunities they present. As always, LabLynx, Inc. is about learning from the past, recognizing current trends and conditions, and employing the lessons and opportunities they provide to guide the company and our industry as a whole in the directions that are most beneficial all round. We are a firm believer that what is best for lab, scientific and healthcare individuals and the community in general is best for us too.
Providing meaningful goods and services makes us valuable and our customers satisfied. And that also means allowing others' goods and services to be chosen where they are better suited. In that way, customers are also satisfied. Trying to force an unsuitable product on someone is just a painful and ultimately failing proposition. Instead, it is important to recognize the best marriage of needs and features, regardless of vendor, for each customer.
The results of those business decisions are meaningful both immediately and as we progress into the future. Learn how change is impacting us all now and as we move forward.This section discusses the immediate implications of it all and how you can participate in the positive directions and initiatives we have before us.
- "Business Entity – LabLynx, Inc.". Georgia Secretary of State. http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?33586. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "LabLynx, Inc. - Atlanta, Georgia (GA)". Manta Media, Inc.. http://www.manta.com/c/mmj7tyc/lablynx-inc. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "Internet Software and Services – LabLynx, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=40482985. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "LIMSource: LIMS Vendor: LabLynx, Inc.". Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071012123126/http://www.limsource.com/products/vatlanta.html. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- "LIMSfinder Home". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc.. http://www.limsfinder.com/Home.aspx. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "The LIMS Book". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc.. http://limsbook.com/. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Lablynx - latest company news". LaboratoryTalk.com. 25 August 2009. http://www.laboratorytalk.com/news/lbl/lbl103.html. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "LiMS forum - Laboratory Informatics Institute user's group for LIMS, Scientific & Health Informatics". LinkedIn.com. http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2069898. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "LIMSforum - The Laboratory Informatics Medical & Scientific Professional Community". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc. 27 August 2015. Archived from the original on 31 August 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150831220936/http://www.limsforum.com/. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "LiMSuniversity.com, the on-line, Open Access, Virtual Learning Center for Laboratory Informatics users and professionals". Laboratory Informatics Institute, Inc.. 4 April 2011. http://www.limsfinder.com/BlogDetail.aspx?id=35134_0_25_0_C. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "LIMSwiki mission". 2 June 2011. http://limswiki.org/index.php/LIMSwiki_mission. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "ELab LIMS". http://lablynx.com/Products/ELabLIMS/tabid/240/Default.aspx. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- "webLIMS" LabLynx, Inc.. Retrieved 03 February 2012.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- "The webLiMS.com Data Center Facilities". LabLynx, Inc.. http://lablynx.com/AboutUs/DataCenter/Facilities/tabid/248/Default.aspx. Retrieved 22 October 2011.